Thursday, December 25, 2008

Pinoy Expat's Christmas Evening

DSC00280DSC00226

 There never really was much event during these past few Christmas days except that me and the rest of the people in the house had a small Christmas party. Just a typical and very  simple Filipino party where hard -liquor is not part of the occasion. With the Black Label out of the closet, it would have but everybody's not apt for a drink tonight because the next day is still work for most of us. Well, at least just few cans of San Miguel Beer added a little bit of zest to the night I guess.

Everyone contributed something to the occasion. The foods were great. There were more than enough. We had some little exchange gift too and everyone's happy with what they received. This is a camaraderie of people whose respective families are back home doing their best to cope with the economy and trying to be happy despite our absence.

DSC00354 Today, I spent some phone calls back home multiple times. And, again wished I was there to spent Christmas season with them. Nevertheless, thanks to the Internet and some little cell-phone credits, I was able to keep in touch with my wife and daughters very often to check what was going on right those moments. :o) Just hearing their laughter was enough to make me happy.

5 comments:

Jan said...

That must have been hard. Of course, I can only imagine being away from one's immediate family. Whatever it must have felt for you - melancholic, bittersweet - you did a marvelous post. Very restraint and spare. A la Hemingway. :) Belated Merry Christmas. I call myself djian in BlogCatalog. Doon ko nakita link to your lovely blog.

AJ said...

Hehehe. Hemingway?! :) This is really unexpected. I've never even read the man's literature for which now I am curious and will now check the book my self. Hehehe. Thanks Dijan for this awe-inspiring comment. I honestly needed a boost especially in writing. Afterall, I am just a rookie unlike you guys. I've been to your blog too and was actually lil' bit curious 'bout that childhood fling you mentioned. I'll dig for more.. I promise. :p

Anonymous said...

Thanks, just following your steps.. hehehe

thelly said...

Hi! Just dropping by to read your blog. very nice. keep it up. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Can we exchange link? Mine is thellygirl.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Hi Thelly, thank you for reading and posting of comment. Sure do :) Best wishes likewise... :-) Missd na nako diha sa Davao...hehe

Blog Hang-outs __________________________________________________________

Disclaimer

Please note that the opinions expressed on this site are my own, and don't necessarily reflect those of anybody.