Saturday, February 7, 2009

Termination is Sometimes a Liberation

Well, these past few weeks, I have had an ample of experience. Why so? I suffered a lot of consequences from my past decisions and decadence of attitude. I think I was just too tired over cynical settings inside four walls. The politics is extremely choking. People are robots and are unhappy. When you are unhappy, it shows. When it shows, you are angry and you slime. When you slime you become unlikable. When you are unlikable, you're one of the unlucky ones even if they see you devote your work for their sake and yours.

I realized that, if you can't stick to an organization then you have to pacify the rebel in you. Not too timid in ways but not too carelessly sharp or blunt. it's either you in the wrong organization or it's the organization having you wrongly. Well, I was both probably. It's always self-interest you look up to when joining a company of course.

Positively enough, out of work, does not at all made me feel useless or numb. Termination is sometimes a liberation; especially if you feel the company you're working with is not worth your time and devotion. It's just so unfortunate I have people depending on me. A survey made seemed always true - forty five people are affected when you're income is cut-off.

I always see things differently but positively. Like, I see these days an opportunity to prove my worth to do things independently. Still IT in nature of course, what else am I capable of doing? Other than this one - blogging? But, to tell you honestly, I find it enticing to venture out independent contracting and earn from it. A thing I had experience and been wanting to do in my life. I find earning independently triumphant and extremely self-fulfilling although many challenges may always lay ahead.

Still, politics will always be there but I think I can handle that finely now. Racism, I cannot. At least I don't stink!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Free at last - isn't that great. Who cares about working for a bunch of racist monkeys anyway. I sure don't.

Freelancing may just suit you. You own your time. You're answerable to yourself alone. The great thing is you're on the net - there's your network, there's this blog as your resume, and your body of work as a photographer.

I'm hopeful about your prospects, James.

AJ said...

thanks jan.. there's the boost! :D being alone is a little scary somehow. People are craving for owning a business of their own; one of the realization I had is, if it's not today is the right time to begin entrepreneural venture, tomorrow might not be the right time to enjoy it when your over fifty and with diminishing strength.

Anonymous said...

Hi James!

ive heard na maraming ofws na umuwi sa tin sa pinas...di lang yata sa dubai nangyayari yan...every nation is affected by the global recession.

but i keep on believing that the crisis would be over...soon!

i just hope you find a new job asap...lets keep the faith...

btw,i have an award for you!!
thanx again for the post :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine`s Day,James!
i hope all is well with you :)

Anonymous said...

James,
First I am sorry I have not visited your site for a while. As you know I have been busy working on my site going "Hosted"
Whats with this layoff? Are you or have you moved back to the Philippines?
I see you visit my site but I have not received any comments from you.
I hope all works out, I understand people depending on you. I know, what ever you do, you will do well at it.

AJ said...

Hi Bruce,
I'm sorry I haven't left a comment in your blog. I may have left my computer opened last night so that my wife went and read few of your posts. I've been doing independent contracting since I arrived home. I'm planning to go to Manila to try my luck doing the ERP (Microsoft GP) if everything won't work out. Things had been tough lately for me in Dubai. Placement was not that difficult but I figure, with the tough requirements pulling your family there, it would be even more difficult for me. And if not, suppose I sign-up to another contract, it would again be another one year before I can come here and see my young family. My last stay in Dubai was one and a half year.

Even so, I am positive things will work out well for me here. I have few continuing projects. And, I find online jobs enjoyable even if it requires waking hours.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by, Bruce. I'm sorry I wasn't able to inform you of my homecoming. I understand you're a busy man also. Me and my wife will look forward to meeting you and your family in Davao. :D

Blog Hang-outs __________________________________________________________

Disclaimer

Please note that the opinions expressed on this site are my own, and don't necessarily reflect those of anybody.